Tuesday 20 March 2012

Politicians Are (Insert Epithet of Choice)

Since I've already followed up on one of my posts from yesterday, lets do the same for the other and talk about some conservative politicians, this time back home in the UK.  The current Conservative/Lib Dem coalition has been pushing for heavy cuts to public services on the grounds that the treasury was in a mess and savings had to be made.  I wasn't exactly a fan of that idea, but there's no denying that Labour really cocked things up when they were in power.  But when you get stuff like this, cutting the top rate of income tax, it's hard to believe that this isn't a deliberate attempt to fuck the poor.

The coalition is currently claiming that actually, the rich will be worse off as a result of other changes to be introduced at the same time.  Well, I've tried to construct a coherent response but I can't, so let me just say bollocks.

Now I think I'll go have a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment